Just think of all the stinky situations that could be avoided with one of these smell-proof backpacks. From smelly food to sweaty gym clothes and any other uncomfortable smell generating items you might carry around.
Whether you are that striving student, slaving in the cube, a world traveler, or just a daily commuter, one of these scent free backpacks will enable you to move through life worry-free.
The top smell-proof backpacks we’ve listed below were created with you in mind. They’re stylish, roomy, and comfortable to wear. We’ll let you decide which one of these suits you the most.
|two water bottle holders|
|one front utility strap|
Although this product had just three reviews, they all gave it a top rating. As an organizational freak, I like all of the different compartments in the bag.
You can stash all of the necessities and be able to get them out without having to root through the pack at inconvenient times. And it looks good too!
- Premium activated carbon lining for 100% smell proof
- Dust-free lining throughout the bag one front strap
- Top front pocket with inner zipper pocket Bottom front pocket with three inside pockets
- Outside zipper pocket on the front, bottom compartment 1 Top pocket
- Dimensions: 19’’ x 11.5 ’’ x 5” with combination lock
With this bag, you need to make sure that all of the zippers are done uptight. If you do so, you will be able to contain anything that might waft up.
The lock is also a needed feature, and at a price, it enables you to spend your money on more of what you really want.
- Large Smell Proof Bag – Proven To Hold All The Stinkiest Smells Without Anything Escaping
- Size – 19″ x 12″ x 12″ – With Laptop Pocket and Secret Stash Pocket
- Built-in 3 Digit Combo Lock
- Water Proof
Another bag with the handy, dandy lock! The carbon lining can be refreshed by placing it in the sun, using a blow dryer on it, or just throwing it in the dryer.
Just remember that the smaller the carbon filter, the more often you will have to give it some time to kick back in the sun to refresh.
- 100% Smell Proof Anti-smell retainer interior
- Maximum Potency Carbon Filter Thermal Lining
- Anti-tear protective netting Rubber backed nylon Side net pockets
- A double zipper enclosure keeps it weather resistant. Front side pockets Lap-top padded pocket inside
- Dimensions: 20’’ x 12’’ x 6” – extended 24” with combination lock
This bag is made of a hemp and polyester blend that is durable and stylish. It has a removable Velcro label that enables you to be discreet when you want, or loud and proud.
There are horizontal skate straps for holding your board, sleeping bag, or, heaven forbid, your yoga mat.
- Hempster blend fabric keeps all of the earth-friendly, sustainability of pure hemp with an improved smooth and soft feel. The fabric is designed to resist fading, so colors last. The tough hemp blend also resists tearing, ripping, and other physical damage. Dimensions: 19 x 14 x 5 inches.
- Adjustable side straps and contoured shoulder straps allow you to adjust the knapsack for the firm and comfortable fit and support.
- The backpack’s heavy-duty zippers are easy to open and stay firmly in place when zipped. The backpack has four spacious compartments for storage and two water bottle holders. The backpack has a secret pocket as well as a Smell/Spill-proof pouch for discreet storage and transportation.
- The backpack’s removable velcro logo/badge can be totally removed to make it more discreet or can be switched out with any other Dime Bag logo badge for endless customization.
- It comes with a free removable Smell/Spill-proof pouch inside for neat and discreet transportation.
This is the smallest of the five we reviewed, but a nice size when you don’t want all the bulk of a larger bag. Again, although there were only a few comments, this bag received all excellent reviews.
It is perfect for quick trips or tucking inside a bigger case. I, personally, like the blue plaid pattern the best.
- Smell proof and water-resistant Premium activated carbon lining
- Two front pockets one front utility strap Double zipper closure on the main compartment
- One inside zipper pocket two inside organizational pockets
- Zipper lock on the main compartment
- Dimensions: 13’’ x 9.5’’ x 5”
Who Needs a Smell Proof Backpack?
Not everyone is into smoking something. But everyone will find themselves from time to time in the situation of carrying stronger scented stuff. Food and dirty clothes are just two of the most common examples.
Let’s just say you are a commuter who likes to travel light or you are a minimalist when it comes to the daily luggage. To use only one backpack for your laptop, notebook, power bank and gym clothes is something you’ve always wanted to do.
Obviously, you can do that now with a smell proof backpack and that makes you and the people around you happier.
What Are The Main Benefits of Using a Smell Proof Backpack?
A top-quality smell-proof bag is more than just a regular backpack. Such an item was created from the very beginning with the odor-free function in mind. Therefore the materials that go into such a backpack are not only meant to keep the smell inside the bag while it is closed.
They are meant to avoid retaining it even after the smell source was removed. That feature gives more benefits than one.
Keep animals at a distance
Remember that time when you went camping and left your bag on the grass only to find out it was invaded by ants. It wasn’t the books the ants were after but the pack of crackers you left inside.
A smell-proof backpack will help you avoid triggering the senses of either ants or squirrels. That in itself is a win.
Commute and relax
Are you commuting daily? Say goodbye to those embarrassing situations when your commuting neighbors could guess what you were having for lunch. Seal that tasty food and don’t let it be a conversation starter while traveling to work.
Save good money
Ok. We know a smell-proof backpack may cost a little more than a regular one. But given the extra features and the quality of the materials used, this can be a lifetime investment. You will pay a little extra now but you will definitely save money in the long run.
What to Look For in a Smell Proof Backpack
If you have decided that an odor containing a backpack is just what the doctor ordered, consider a few things before you grab one and head to the checkout.
Some of these bags can tend to be a bit pricey. So you want to get one that checks all the boxes and one that you won’t have to be replaced in a year’s time.
Look for double stitching and durable fabric. You will want it to stand up to the rigors of everyday life. An essential feature would be the zipper(s). If they won’t stay closed, or if the zipper continually inches open on its own, it does you no favors.
Another thought…some of these bags advertise themselves, right out front and center. You might not want to be their unpaid merchandiser. The smart ones have removable logos.
You can be quiet when you want, and inclusive when you are looking for like-minded friends.
A quality smell proof backpack utilizes a filtering process that contains carbon. This method of filtering uses a piece of activated carbon to remove contaminants and impurities. The carbon (a smart element that it is) utilizes chemical absorption.
The way this works is that when carbon material absorbs something, it attaches to the carbon by chemical attraction. Activated charcoal has a huge surface area, which gives it vast opportunities for attachments.
Once these chemicals pass next to the carbon surface, they are attached to the surface area and are trapped.
Activated carbon is also called activated charcoal or activated coal. So if you see a backpack that advertises it uses this type of filter, that is the product that you are looking for.
The carbon in these filters has been processed to make it very porous, and so it has a large surface area for these chemical reactions to take place on.
It is kind of mind-blowing to realize that one gram of activated carbon has a surface area that is equivalent to two tennis courts!
Activated charcoal will absorb some of almost any kind of vapor. It can also absorb and contain a variety of chemicals at the same time.
It will work well within a wide range of temperatures and in humid conditions. This clever element is inert, safe to handle and use.
As I already mentioned, the activated carbon absorbs vapors to its surface. When you are looking at a backpack, the larger the carbon filter, the better.
The thicker the filter the better, as the farther a vapor has to travel through the filter, the better absorbed it becomes.
When looking for a smell proof backpack, check out the ones that we reviewed above, and don’t forget that science is your friend!
The Noble Urban represents more than just a person. It represents a lifestyle. A way of living. A noble life lived in an urban setting.