Did you know that if you fall and hit the pavement with your head while you’re riding your electric scooter at 20 mph the feeling will be similar to being hit with a baseball bat at the same speed?
Now, that sounds pretty logical – and awful – we know. What we’re trying to do is paint a vivid image of what it would mean for you to be involved in an accident while riding your powerful newly bought electric scooter without proper protection for your head.
The truth is that while electric scooters have become more and more popular, for obvious reasons, the number of accidents grew exponentially. This happened to the extent that the authorities have begun to issue stricter laws regarding helmet wearing. So if you are caught riding without a helmet you will probably be fined, in most of the cities. Would that be enough to motivate you to start using a helmet? Maybe it would.
We believe the best motivation for you and every rider out there should be personal safety, though, regardless of how strict our national or local laws are.
Some type of accidents only happen once and why risk your life and maybe never ride again when you can take all the precautions you can and continue to enjoy this beautiful invention the electric scooter is?
So, let’s cut to the chase, and introduce you to the best 5 electric scooter helmets to buy in 2019 and use with your electric scooter for safer rides.
This helmet is designed for aggressive multi sport use for both kids and adults. Its ABS outer shell will provide the protection you need from the outside while the EPS foam liner gives inside protection in case of impact. Soft foam inserts will add even more extra protection and snug fit. It’s a very good alternative to the more expensive helmets out there.
- 12 wide vents for air flow and cooling.
- 7 different colors and designs: black, teal, pink, grey, cloud formations, warming, fly scraper.
- Each color comes in 3 different sizes.
- Padded chin strap, strong and secure buckle, adjustable straps.
- Adjustable dial on the back for best fit
- CPSC & ASTM certified
- adjustable fit
- Aggressive look – would match less with corporate outfit.
Solid, strong and easy to use. This helmet is doing the job for a very good price.CHECK PRICE
If you are looking for a vintage inspired helmet to use with your electric scooter, this one will get your attention. Besides the fact that it is a CPSC and EN1078 certified, this lightweight helmet will not only protect your head from injuries but will give you a stylish look.
It was carefully designed to be minimalist but to include some special features like a pop lock with Anti-Theft Guarantee and a magnetic buckle that makes it easier for you to fasten it one handedly. It has vegan microfiber straps and 2 sets of interior padding for a custom fit.
- Minimalist vintage design
- 8 different colors: Arctic Grey, Carbon Black, Speedway Crème, Stay Gold, Stealth Black, Thousand Navy, Willowbrook Mint, Gold.
- Pop-Lock with Anti-Theft Guarantee (you get money back if your helmet gets stolen)
- Magnetic buckle
- Vegan microfiber straps
- 2 sets of interior padding
- CPSC and EN1078
- Designed with taste
- Solid build
- Price might be a little high for the average rider.
- Choosing size might be a little more difficult.
A helmet that combines design and functionality well. Higher value, higher quality, long term satisfaction.CHECK PRICE
This light weight double certified Yellow Jacket helmet is designed for any outdoor sports that require impact protection gear, electric scooters included. Being built using hard shell, tough and durable PVC & PC and EPS foam, it will protect your head from direct impact. It features multiple vents, special aerodynamics and breathable foam. The adjustable straps allow you to adjust for a better fit.
- ASTM F-1492 -08 and CPSC-1203 certified
- Sporty, compact design
- 4 colors: Black Mamba, Smoke, White Lightning, Yellow Jacket
- Multiple vents for air ventilation
- Sizes S to L / adjustable straps.
- Strong solid build
- Simple and durable
- Suitable for more sports and outdoor activities
- 100% money back guarantee in case of dissatisfaction
- Average look
- Few color options
This helmet is not an unusual one but it gets the job done. The lack of special design features is compensated by the strong protection it provides. Good quality for the price.
This Rollgan bowl shaped helmet is meant to cover your head in a tough protective shell during any outdoor activities. Regardless the intensity of movement, the high density of the adjustable straps will provide the tight fit you need. The 11 vents will ensure excellent air flow to keep your head properly ventilated and the removable internal foam will make the cleaning easy.
- Injection ABS & Adhesive EPS
- High density adjustable straps and adjustable back knob
- 11 vents
- S,M,L sizes available
- Lightweight (0.3 kg)
- Bowl shape
- CPSC certified
- Only one color
- Pretty basic
If you’re not that picky regarding design, this helmet will fulfill its mission. The quality and price are more than satisfying.CHECK PRICE
Triple Eight boasts with this new 3038 Dual Certified (CPSC Bike & ASTM Skate) helmet with EPS Liner that can fit and protect any kind of head shapes. It’s meant to combine style, fit and protection for multiple types of riders.
- ABS Outer Shell with EPS liner
- Sweat saver Fit Pads for added comfort
- 2 sets of fit pads to customize fit
- Black rubber finish
- CPSC Bike & ASTM certified
- Stylish simple look
- Multiple sports use
- Might be too sporty for commuting
- A bit higher price than average
We know it’s hard to say something negative about a product most of the people say it saved their lives. The truth is this Triple Eight 3038 helmet is one of the best and we simply don’t overestimate it. It’s well built, it features everything you need and withstood the test of time.CHECK PRICE